Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Best Beer Braised Brats Ever!

I made these for an Oktoberfest party this past weekend. I've made them before, but this time I tweaked my recipe, and made it in the crock pot because it was for so many people. They were a huge hit! The brats were different from most beer braised brats, because we didn't grill them before serving. Which, I know, is absolutely amazing. But they were almost fall-apart tender, and I'll be honest, a lot easier than firing up the grill. Because really, the point of a party is to be mingling - not slaving over the grill while everyone else chats!

The best part about these, is that you can use the pre-cooked brats, and they still taste like you did something special to them. You did! You added everybody's favorite drink :)

----------
Time from start to finish: about 4 1/2 - 8 1/2 hours (depending if you cook on high or low)

Ingredients:

15 Bratwurst (any variety you like), pricked with a fork
2 cloves grated Garlic
1 1/2 - 2 bottles of lager beer (I used Yuengling)
2 yellow Onions, sliced
1 Tbsp Caraway Seed

Put everything in the slow cooker/crock pot. Stir gently to incorporate the caraway, garlic and onions. Let cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 3-4. If you use precooked brats, you can eat it a little earlier.

Eat Well!
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment